This game update includes the following changes:
Into the Future Updates:
- Fixed the Laser Rhythm-a-con VFX when on a houseboat
- Corrected a mannequin outfit issue when cloning the clothing pedestal
- Fixed an issue with Plumbot Trait Chips not appearing in the Adjust Trait Chip menu
- Future Sim reactions to SimBots are now more appropriate
- Ghosts no longer appear in the Time Almanac
- Fixed an issue that prevented completion of The Silicon Slinger opportunity
- Descendants names will now update correctly after changing name at City Hall
- Fixed an issue that could cause a teen to be trapped in a child’s body when travelling to the future at the exact moment of a birthday
- Fixed some consistency issues associated with Legacy Statue achievements
- Fixed an issue with the Bot Career not progressing correctly
- Fixed an issue with the Quantum Power Suits not working after reloading a saved game
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Time Traveler to catch on fire and not be able to be put out
- Fixed several graphical errors on the game screen that could occur when changing the resolution
The Sims 3 Store content updates:
- Fixed issues that occurred with having the Tree of Prosperity installed with Into the Future
- Fixed issue with Baby Walker and Playpen that could cause toddler problems
Before installing an Update for The Sims 3, an Expansion Pack, or a Stuff Pack, it is a good idea to run through the following checklist to ensure your game continues to work smoothly.
If you have any questions about the below steps, please visit the Technical Support forum on the official Sims 3 community found at this URL: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page
Step 1: Disable Custom Content
Custom Content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely.
To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory. Your Sims 3 file directory can be found using the paths listed below:
Windows File Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Mac File Directory: User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/
Once you have installed the official update you may re-enable your custom content. If you experience problems, disable it again until the 3rd party developer updates their content to work with the official Update, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack.
Step 2: Back Up your Save Files
It’s always a good precaution to back up your save files before installing an Expansion Pack, Update, or Stuff Pack. To do this, copy the “.sims3” folders found in the Saves folder onto your desktop or another file directory.
Your Sims 3 Saves folder can be found using the paths listed below:
Windows File Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
Mac File Directory: User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Saves
After the Update is installed, run the game to verify your saves still function correctly.
Step 3: Let the Update Complete Entirely
Updates can sometimes be rather large and may take a while to download and install completely. Cancelling the update before it has completed may cause unexpected problems, so it is always best to let it finish entirely. Do not close the Launcher until you have confirmed the update is completely installed, as this will cancel the update.